Thursday, August 7, 2014

All Of These Stars Will Guide Us Home...


Hello!

I recently was able to go to the cinema with my friend Tim to see The Fault In Our Stars, based on the novel by John Green (one half of the vlogbrothers.). I read the book after seeing reviews and posts relating to it (such as fan art) on Tumblr, and one of my best friends, Amy, told me to be prepared, because I will cry. Which I did. But I loved the book so much, and it really changed my perspective on things!

I even customised a blue tank top that I had found to wear especially to go and see the film!


I had bought the soundtrack prior to seeing the film, and I absolutely love it! It features artists such as Ed Sheeran, Birdy, Charli XCX, Lykke Li , Tom Odell, Kodaline and Jake Bugg, among others. 

I wasn't quite sure what to expect when seeing the film. I had read the book, and I knew what was going to happen in the end. But I wasn't quite prepared for the sheer excellence from the film.

Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort star as Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters, and both play their parts magnificently well. It was easy to connect with the characters and their stories. It was as though the cinema crumbled around me and I was simply someone who was in the background following their story. Within the cinema, I could hear several snuffles from audience members in certain parts of the film, and I was warned prior going to see the film that it was very emotional and it would pull your heartstrings. This was most certainly true. 

But there were also moments of happiness, like when Isaac decides to throw eggs at his ex-girlfriend Monica's car, which made everyone in the cinema laugh!

I would definitely recommend going to see this film, because it is both tragic but heart-warming at the same time. But if there was one thing, I thought Peter van Houten would look different... this is why sometimes reading the book before seeing the film can mess with your picturing of the characters- but it's so much better  that way! :)

There are two more films that I am hoping to see and review on this blog: Mrs Browns Boys: D'Movie! and What We Did On Our Holiday, which comes out in September, and stars David Tennant and Billy Connolly.

Thanks for reading this review!



Laura xx




No comments:

Post a Comment