Sunday, November 16, 2014

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

Hello!

First things first, I am SO sorry I haven't blogged in a while! I've been super busy with college, and applying to uni, and watching Doctor Who and... yeah, you get the idea.

As promised, here is a review of the film What We Did On Our Holiday, starring David Tennant, Billy Connolly and Rosamund Pike. I went to see it with one of my besties, Julia, and it was AMAZING! This film has loads of laughs, especially from the three children. This film comes from the creators of the hit BBC show Outnumbered, and the show is part improvised- by the children, and the film follows the same kind of format. I thought that this film had a strong storyline and it was comedic with a little bit of drama mixed in. David Tennant plays Doug McLeod, Rosamund Pike plays his estranged wife Abi, and Billy Connolly plays Doug's father, Gordie. I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT ON DVD! :D



Aside from admiring David Tennant and becoming a stressed wreck with personal statements, UCAS, German grammar and coursework deadlines, I've been doing a lot of reading. I recently purchased a bunch of Doctor Who novels from a local charity store for 50p each, and 18 of them were Tenth Doctor novels! :D
I've read Autonomy by Daniel Blythe and Stephen Cole's Sting of The Zygons. I am currently reading The Art of Destruction, also by Stephen Cole.
I also attended my FIRST CONVENTION recently! I went in cosplay as Donna Noble, won the Doctor Who quiz, and participated in some fun and games! It was IMMENSE and I'd definitely go again! :D

I have been LOVING Peter Capaldi as the Doctor, I think he's awesome! But my heart will always belong to Ten... ;)

Thanks for reading this blog post, and I will catch up soon!

Love and hugs,
Laura
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment